Wednesday 23 September 2009

23/09/09

So next move,

My song has been choosen and I am starting to put together mood boards and ideas in my minds about the sort of video I want to create.
From personal preferrence and experience I know what I like in terms of visual excitement in music videos and I also know what I don't like.

After looking at a number of videos I think it would be approprate to have fast paced edits and shot sequences to keep my audiences interested as well as watching.
In regards to ideas I really want to incorporate a mix of singing shots with cut edits to other scenarios.
One idea of how to do this would be to have flash back sequences where I can really applify some of the lyrics in my song, especially the breakup lyrics that my song enforces.
I have always played with the idea of including some elements of night time scenes at fair grounds and fun fairs so I can really exploit lighting opportunities and unique camera angles. This is something I am really considering and something that would also be appropraite for the genre of my song and would really appeal to the artists fandom. Something which I aim to look at in more deatail.

Edits and framing

I aim to keep edits on the beat of the song and keep scene lengths to a minimal, as well as using natural frames in my shots to give it a more professional and high quality edge.
One idea that re-occured in my research was the concept of Voyeurism, and this is especially relevent to my target audiece.

Voyeurism is the concept that audiences receive pleasure out of wathing acts of otherwise private occurances. Voyeurism is also highlighted by reflection shots in music videos such as looking into a mirror or a reflection in the window.

I aim to really emphasise the voyeurism aspect in my music video by having reflected frames and shots as well as filming scenes that look as if they are intruding in on a private moment that the people in it wouldn't neccessarily know that it was being shot. This could be utilise mostly in fun fair scenes.

These are just some rough ideas that I had in my head. My aim is to now go on and look at some influencial music directors, fandom/target audience, speak to my focus group and produce some mood boards and storyboards.


No comments:

Post a Comment